Friday, August 10, 2012

Focus

"Energy and time are precious, limited entities. Therefore, you need to use them wisely, focusing on what is truly important. As you walk close to Me, saturating your mind with Scripture, I will show you how to spend your time and energy. My Word is a lamp to your feet; My Presence is a Light for your path."

-Excerpt of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

I read this, and it seemed to smoke me in the face. Yes, this is deep and theological and I used the word smoke. I seem to always try and cram as many moments into a day as I can. I am ashamed to admit how often I push the Lord to the back burner. I'm too quick to put my own thoughts on how to spend my time and energy in action, rather than focusing on how the Lord has called me to use those precious gifts.

At the risk of sounding 75, the days really do seem to fly by, and I am already amazed at the point in life which I am. The thought of intentional living has been on my mind frequently over the past few months. Reading the phrase today that "time and energy are precious, limited entities" put in to words so eloquently the quiet feelings of my heart.

My prayer is that I will search deeply and focus my time and energy in areas where the Lord has shown me. I am over being busy for the sake of busy-ness. I choose not to live in a way that would cause me to look back and regret loving shallowly, connecting with people in a tired and stretched too thin way, and not enjoying all the blessings the Lord daily gives.

I pray Scripture guides how I spend my limited time and energy. This truly seems like a crazy thought in a Pinterest world where image seems to dictate the use of time and tends to make everyone perceive that your time should be spent making a homemade artistic masterpiece while baking gluten free bread from scratch wearing your knitted scarf. I just don't want to waste the time the Lord blesses me with each and everyday. And so often I do.

Here's to loving others today. Cherishing relationships. Glorifying our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment