Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had a great weekend! Somehow this weekend managed to stretch and feel actually somewhat long, rather than fly by. I loved every second of it. Here are the highlights:


Friday we drove over to my parents to see my brother John.  This was a special treat (only don't tell him because his already massive head will only expand). I realized that I haven't seen just my brother (sans wife and now baby) in about 8 years. Made me definitely miss Emily and Miss Caroline. But, it was good to see my brother. Who we coincidentally matched while going out to eat.

Yes. 3 for 3 in Polo t-shirts. 2 of 3 same color.
Saturday morning we spent some more time with the family and had some fun. We all got new LSU shirts in preparation for the season. You know the usual. Oh and I stepped in an ant pile and got eaten alive.

Sick. I know.
Saturday night we came back and ate dinner with some friends which was a blast. On the way home, the weather started POURING. Like scary-can't-see-terrible weather. When we were almost home, we saw a tiny mustang hydroplane into a ditch! It was so scary. Bubba hopped out of the truck to make sure they were okay and offer an umbrella.  Then they decided to push the car out of the ditch. Bubba did some man-handling (with the help of a lady in a dress who got my respect), and the car made it out okay.  This was the end result:

He was so happy. Boys and Mud.
Sunday, we went to church and then our sweet niece went over to Whit's to get her hair done! She had a BLAST and was a perfect angel while getting fixed. She ended up looking absolutely gorgeous. This of course only highlights her very pretty insides. She started Kindergarten today, so this was a fun pre-school year treat.




This week is a short week due to Labor Day. I am praying that a certain pesky storm named Isaac turns out to be lame. Praying for everyone on the coast.

Water Shelves at the Kroger

Yikes.

Hurricane, Hurricane go AWAY! We've got things to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment