Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

Last night, I made a dessert to take to a friend. I have been seeing this "Ice Cream Sandwich Cake" all over Pinterest and even at different events. It seemed like the perfect dessert for the blazing weather, and due to its need to freeze, it lends itself to being made ahead of time. Here is the inspiration recipe I found. I stuck to it fairly well. I changed up the toppings a bit, but the fun thing is you could really do anything. 

Layer the Ice Cream Sandwiches (5 1/2)

Next, spread hot fudge

Layer of Cool Whip

Rinse and Repeat


Hot Fudge

Cool Whip and Chocolate Syrup
Caramel Sauce for the Win!
This dessert was incredibly easy and took about 15-20 minutes to assemble, and the bulk of that time was simply unwrapping the sandwiches!

Here is the recipe:

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

11 Ice Cream Sandwiches in any flavor
1 Jar Hot Fudge (I used Hershey's)
1 Tub (pretty sure that is the technical name) Cool Whip. Just the regular size.
Toppings of your choice. I used Chocolate Syrup and Caramel. I feel any candy, sprinkles, or cookie would be quite delightful.

Assemble and freeze. :)

I look forward to this dessert being a summer staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment