Friday, December 21, 2012

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime

We have been doing a lot of celebrating the season over the past few days. I absolutely love it. Being festive is a hobby of mine, I think.  As we all know, patience is simply not my virtue. I think that I only matured to the equivalent of a 5 year old in the "wait on the surprise" area. With that being said, Bubba and I have already had our Christmas exchange. Partially due to travel plans, but mostly due to my 10 day nagging and begging fest. I am not proud, however I am certainly happy it paid off! 



We did small, fun Christmas this year. Mainly because we did exciting things like buy a deep freeze and car insurance. Oh adulthood how you be so awesome. Anyway. Bubba's big gift was a game that he wanted and some soft pants and some books. He got me a cute shirt and sweater as my small gifts. My big gift was this....

Yes. An Umbrella and a Spoon and Sugar.

It was more of a clue than a present.  Turns out it was an umbrella and a "spoonful of sugar." We are going to see Mary Poppins in Memphis in a few months! I am SO excited!! Mary Poppins is my absolute most favorite movie of all time. I love love love it. I cannot wait!

Mary Poppins Broadway Poster

The Pups also got presents because I am crazy like that. Gunnar and Gertie got a candy cane bone, tennis balls, and new stuffed toys to destroy and leave white fuzz ALL over the place. This hasn't happened yet. I am just coming to terms with my future.

Loves her bone more than life itself.

We have also done a good bit of Christmas movie watching, going to look at all the pretty Christmas lights, and baking. I made Christmas Bark for some neighbors, co-workers, and friends. It was a huge success! So easy and so yummy! I used this recipe.  Seriously the easiest thing I have ever made. This is a terrible picture, but it tasted lovely.



Lastly, we have just been hanging out with good friends, who are kinda the same as family. And that is truly our greatest blessing. Last night we went to dinner to celebrate life and Will's new JOB!!!!!!! and ate and laughed and cried (well, just Whit) and laughed because Whitney was crying :).  I can't wait to celebrate this week with our families. This week has been a pretty great pre-game warm-up! 

Will finally got his facial hair he always wanted!

This month has been a great one! I cannot wait for it to finish out strong. The best is yet to come.

The best being this baby girl! Caroline, I am coming for you!!!

Oh. And it is worth mentioning... I have been married to this guy for 7 months. Best 7 months to date!

Such a softy
Have a Merry Christmas!!

For a child is born to us,
    a son is given to us.
The government will rest on his shoulders.
    And he will be called:
Wonderful Counselor,Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6



No comments:

Post a Comment