Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Month

My most favorite month has arrived! I love November. My favorite holiday has always been Thanksgiving. I love the food, the time with family, the turning leaves, the football games, and the crisp weather. Everyone on Facebook and other places are counting their blessings each day this month. While I know that I won't do that, I would like to take this month and consciously think of all my and my family's many blessings. 

The Lord has blessed us this year with so many things. Not just the tangible things, but intangible blessings. We have a life that is filled with such joy. Our friends, our family, our simple life. All of these things add to our joy-filled life. Everyday I pray that the Lord will fill me with the Fruits of the Spirit. That our family will live in a manner that shows our world love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. I know that I struggle with all of these at some point in time, but the Lord really has blessed us this year, and truthfully all my years. 

I know that eventually like in everything bad or not so good seasons will come. As my wise friend Whitney says that is why you consciously think of times the Lord has provided. So, in the bad times you have a concrete time to establish the Lord's provisions. (That is paraphrased.)

So, this month I want to reflect on all of my many blessings that all flow from the foundation of our relationship with Christ and his love for us. They really are too many to count. From the joy of a simple McDonald's diet coke on the rocks to a life partner that seeks the Lord and always puts others before himself. Today, I am most thankful my family. All four of us :)







Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment