Friday, January 31, 2014

Because everyone at times needs a listening ear.

Meet Whitney Caves, LPC.



Whitney is a counselor at Crossroads Counseling Center where she comes along side individuals whatever their circumstances may be to provide wise counsel and encouragement through biblical truths. (Her words from the website.) Whitney sees clients at the Ridgeland campus as well as the Clinton campus.


Now, my words. Whitney and I have been friends for almost ten years. For two of those ten, we were suitemates in college. For four of those ten, we lived in a two car garage together. To say that personally know Whitney is an understatement. Whitney is my friend that I always know I can count on to give me advice rooted in truth.  Her spiritual gift is discernment, and over the past ten years I have seen her passion for people to continue to grow.  She loves God and loves people.  Whitney's mission in life is to help people understand the Joy and Freedom that can be ours in this life.

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future. Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Proverbs 19:20-21

So, what does that have to do with you. Maybe nothing. But too often, we go through life overwhelmed, confused, searching, or troubled. And guess what, there are people like Whitney who God has placed on this Earth to help us work through this things. In this day and age, there is such a stigma that goes along with going through counseling. Everyone assumes you must be in WAY over your head. Depressed. Unhappy. Weird. But those are lies that Satan tells you and me to make us go through life alone. Sometimes all we need is an impartial party with the same worldview that we have to help us over our ditch, valley, hill, or mountain.  Everyone is fighting some battle in life, but sometimes we just need help. Sometimes even in the most joyous times, like wedding planning can I get an AMEN, you need someone who will listen, help you form boundaries, and help you live in peace.

"Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety." Proverbs 11:14

If you or someone you know could benefit from wise counsel or guidance, please contact Whitney for an appointment.  You will never regret it. I have the benefit of receiving her counseling sessions over dinner, but I can promise you without them I would need to find my Whitney and fast. Life is too hard and a lot of times it just doesn't have to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment