Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bring on Fall

For the first time ever in my life, I am SO ready for Fall. Now, don't get me wrong. I have always loved the season when it gets here, but I am so excited for it to arrive this year. I feel like Meg Ryan in "You've Got Mail" when she writes to Tom Hanks... "Don’t you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."


 It's a no-brainer that I am looking forward to the obvious things like...

Oldie, but goodie. Geaux Tigers!
But I am also looking for cooler weather, sweaters (or in the South just a shirt, but at least I won't sweat to death... I mean glisten), boots, tailgating food, and THE FAIR!!! For those that do not know this, I have an unnatural love of the MS State Fair. I guess growing up I didn't really experience the Fair, and so when I was introduced to it at age 19, I fell in love.  It is such a strange thing.  But I love the nasty food, crazy people, and poorly constructed rides. Not to mention the Pig Races.

I am ready for pumpkin carving and pretty leaves.  Last year we took our engagement pictures on the prettiest Fall day. Bring on the leaves. There is really no point to this random musing, but I just was overwhelmed with the desire to wear a scarf and some boots today while I was picking out what to wear to work that wouldn't make me die of a heat stroke. I suppose that is a benefit of being out of school. You can love a season for its great qualities, instead of dreading it simply due to the loss of freedom and return to school. Oh Lord, I think I just became an adult. Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment