Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Recap

I vow to take more pictures. This weekend was filled with so much family fun though I didn't have a moment to capture any.

We headed up to Anderson's parents house for a wedding shower and family time. It was so good to be able to rest and have fun with all those we love. My parents also came on Saturday so my mom could come to the shower.

So many people had such wonderful things to say about Bubba and his family that it just made my heart glad. Of course I had this opinion, but it is great to see it echoed by many.

We have been abundantly blessed by so many of our friends and family during this "wedding season." I truly am so thankful for everything that we have received, but more importantly we have been so blessed through the friendships with these people. This weekend was just another reminder of how blessed we are to have so many people who care about us in our lives.

We spent most of the weekend eating, swimming, sitting, and as the Baptist say "fellowshippin." I am so grateful for the ease that our families have blended together. I suppose it is because at the core our families are so similar. We do a lot of back porch sitting and frequently laugh at one another. All in all a wonderful and much needed weekend.


Can't wait to celebrate the 4th and all things America!

No comments:

Post a Comment