Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Bit of Election Humor

So, in case you haven't heard, 2012 is an election year. I am not really a big political buff. In fact, I would say I tend to alternate between the "scared to death" and "apathetic" camps. Not really ideal. But, with all of the election news, debates, and commercials, it is hard to ignore. I saw this on a friend's Facebook page and do not have the original source (so please no lawsuits) and had to share. I think that Romney's son may have tweeted it. 


In case you aren't up to date, that my friends is what they say on Friday Night Lights to get hype for a game. And what I will have to yell in my living room tonight while Jillian kicks my butt as I shred. I believe Romney won my vote with that... and a few other things. But mostly reference to my favorite TV show. I would be a terrible news reporter/political commentator. I think my dialogue would go a bit like this:

"Oh I just LOVE that show. That Timmy Riggins is so precious. I just don't know what will happen to the Dillon Panthers this season. On a side note... Have you seen Ann Romney's suit. She is just too darling. Also, I think that the candidates are missing a big area of concern for the American people.  Hamageddon!* How will we ever live without bacon?"

*In case you missed it, apparently we are set in for a global bacon shortage. Read more here!

What we have learned are the hard hitting subjects with this girl are TV, fashion, and bacon.  I only kid because reality causes anxiety and heartburn. We all have our coping methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment