Friday, October 19, 2012

Some Friday Favorites

It's Friday!!! Woohoo! I am so ready for the weekend! It is sure to be a good one. Here are some things I am loving today.

  • My new flats. I mean. They make work better.


  • My funny brother and my sweet niece! (Plus this is the story of our house this week)

  • Homemade Chicken and Rice this week. (Recipe to below.)


  • Our puppies that are really, really starting to love each other!


  •  My parents who are coming to visit today!!
Ain't they cute.
I am so blessed with a great life and all these favorites. Have a safe and happy weekend! Recipe below. :)


Chicken and Rice

About 6 servings.


4 chicken breasts
2 cups of rice
4 cups of chicken broth
Various veggies (Here I used 1cup of each: carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, corn, and an onion)
about 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 table spoons Worcestershire Sauce 
Garlic Powder
Cracked Black Pepper

Directions:

Boil chicken broth, add in rice when comes to a boil. After broth and rice return to a boil reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.

In a separate pan, saute chicken (cubed) and onion in olive oil and Worcestershire. Add about 2 teaspoons garlic powder and cracked pepper. Once chicken is no longer pink. Add in veggies, reduce heat to low and cover for about 5-7 minutes. 

After rice is cooked, combine chicken and veggies. Enjoy! I top with a bit of Cajun seasoning for a kick.




No comments:

Post a Comment