Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cajun Roasted Potatoes

Y'all. I LOVE a potato. And I married a man that loves rice. He is not against the potato, but he definitely is on Team Rice when it comes to choosing a starch side. Maybe we would drop 5 pounds if we decided to forgo the starch side, but I am Southern and that is blasphemy!  Anyways, I made these potatoes on a whim, and they are DIVINE. And super easy. As in so easy, I can't believe I am sharing this recipe. They are so good though that who am I to deny anyone a Cajun roasted potato.

Cajun Roasted Potatoes

1 pound red potatoes
About 1/2 cup of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of minced garlic (or about 2 cloves if you are fancy and use the real thing)
Liberal amount of Tony's

Directions:

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Wash and cut potatoes into 1/8th pieces. (aka cut in half and then cut each half twice). Coat potatoes in olive oil, garlic, and Tony's.  Bake for about 30 minutes. Stir once in the middle to give all the potatoes love. 

Here is the trick for crispy goodness. BROIL on 475 for about 5 minutes. It does wonders.

Last night we ate these potatoes with grilled chicken and lima beans. YUM! Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment