Monday, September 17, 2012

Football Favorites

Saturday night was a night I have been dreaming of since I was old enough to learn the love of a dip and a football game.  Some little girls dream of their grown up house to have an avenue to decorate. While I do love getting new things for our house, my most favorite day happened on Saturday. Our first house football party. I loved being surrounded by friends and too much food and two TVs for maximum football viewing. Let's just say that this is why I love our house.

How short girls cook. No judgment necessary.
Getting the spread ready.
I guess being from the South and especially Louisiana the need to feed people burns hot inside me. Saturday, I cooked for an army. It was the first time that I made from scratch Jambalaya. Like the kind that takes three hours to get real nice and yummy.


A lot of goodness in that pot.
We had a house full, and I loved ever second.  Everyone was sure to wear their school of choice colors, which only made my heart that much happier. (Even if we were the only Tigers in the house). We watched Florida beat Tennessee, and State get their third W of the season. LSU won, and we caught the highlights. Ole Miss got destroyed. Everything a girl could ever hope for!

I love our friends and this season of life. Where football is all the excitement we need and a potluck is as good as it gets.

God Bless and Geaux Tigers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment