Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On the Road Again

Oh me. We drove to Chicago this past weekend to celebrate Labor Day and meet sweet baby Abby!

You better redneckagonize! Mama, Bubba, and I had a blast. It was a little rocky figuring out the toll roads but PTL we made it!


Thursday night we just chilled with the family and ate a ton of good food. Eating was a theme of the weekend. Everything was so good, and I reverted back to childhood and failed to eat a vegetable for 5 days. I think today starts detox. This was Bubba's first time to head up to Chicago. He agreed that the hot dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches live up to their reputation.

Friday was so much fun! We got some good quality family and baby time. I got to see Ella's Kindergarten. Then, we headed to watch my little cousin (who isn't so little, but more man size) play Varsity Football.  I haven't been to a high school game in quite some time, but I definitely loved the Friday night lights. The weather was gorgeous, and Jay played really well.

Go Team Go

Saturday was a blast (I know I keep repeating fun adjectives, but this trip was great).  The kids, who are all basically grown now, headed into the city and watched the Cubs play! The game was fun and the weather was so pleasant. We had fun stuffing our faces with nasty but delicious stadium food. I renewed my love of cotton candy. The Cubs lost, but we had a great time and got to visit a ton.



Sunday, we celebrated Abby's baptism, and then had a fun Labor Day cookout. Abby looked so sweet in her Christening outfit, and the service was so special. I am so glad that we could be there to witness such a special moment. After the Baptism, we chilled for a bit and then ate with friends and family for Labor Day. So much fun, and so worth the trip.


Baptism. Look at that hair.

Labor Day smiles!
So glad I got to meet this little girl!
After the cookout, we headed home. It was a super long drive, but it was worth every second. I love my family and only wish we lived closer. Happy Baptism Abby!!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Labor Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment