Friday, June 15, 2012

A Sweet Little Girl

For many months, I have read a blog about an amazing little girl named Lucy Krull.  You can read her story here.  She is a tough fighter, who unfortunately appears to be losing her battle with an aggressive form of cancer. First, I wanted to share her story so that as many people could be praying for her as possible. I recognize that my readership is about four people, but that is four more prayers that this child deserves.

Second, I wanted to remember this for years to come.  You see, Lucy's mother has such an honest way of describing her faith and her love for her family.  Even at times when she is at an ultimate low in circumstances, one that quite honestly and selfishly I pray I never have to experience, her love and faith is so clear. I have learned so much by reading this lady's profound words.  The following is an excerpt from Kate, Lucy's mom:

"Thank you for your continued prayers.  I have to admit to all of you that your faith is so much greater than mine.  I have been shamed and humbled by how thousands of  people around the world never stopped praying for a miracle for my Lucy.  I, however, was only able to pray for mercy and no suffering.  Why wasn't I praying for a miracle?  Had I really stopped believing God could provide one?  I'm not sure.  But if I ever had doubts I have been reminded that the child I was ready to bury 4 days ago looked at me today and told me she loved me.  Unsolicited.  Because she does. 

I have faith.  I believe in miracles.  I serve an awesome God.  I will never, ever stop praying for Lucy's miracle."


I will continue to pray for Lucy.  And you should too.  I know there are so many children and people out there suffering, but today Lucy is on my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment