Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weekend Recap

I wanted to post about our fun weekend last weekend. I realize now that we are about as close to this upcoming weekend as we are to the last. But, it was a great weekend and needs to be recorded for posterity.


Bubba and I traveled home to my parent's house to celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day. (I may not be punctual, but I do love my parents). We ate great food and spent some good quality time on the back porch.  Food and sitting are my two favorite activities to do at home. Which does make me seem like a glutton, but y'all. Nothing beats Louisiana food. If you disagree, you are just wrong and I am sorry. My dad also used us for some cheap slave labor. I don't judge him. It was smart and cunning.

Being at home also made me miss my brother and his family. In just two weeks, I will get to get my hands on this little baby.  C is precious. And I do believe Kate Middleton would approve of this hat.



After eating and sitting a bunch, we came on home, and I had a much needed pool day with friends. I have the best friends in the whole world, and if you disagree, well, you are wrong. :)  Nothing is more fun to do in Summer than sit outside when it is hot as blazes and talk about world affairs. You know the kind...Suri Cruise and her fashion sense, Dance Moms, the Bachelorette, and all things in Us Weekly. It was a great time of "serious" conversation mixed with an intense "swim workout" or maybe just sitting in the pool and talking.

Continuing with the theme of summer, I am ashamed to admit I ate peach cobbler three times at home (one time may have been breakfast), then I came home and made one with the peaches that Bubba's sister gave us.  YUM.  I declare it is so good I may just die.


This week has been a good one so far. We have been playing hard in those extra hours of light when it cools down to a frigid 93 degrees.

Could the Trio be any more cute. Bows and 4-wheelers.
Lastly, on what has been the longest post on nothing ever... A Gert story.  This dog is not afraid of "The Beast" next door, but is terrified of the vacuum. I found her hiding here.  Weird dog.  Just like her Mama.


Safety in Numbers.
Hope your week is just grand. Looking forward to this weekend when we are headed to Bubba's parent's house. I believe there is more eating and sitting in my future. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment